Wednesday, March 15, 2017

[News] About CydiaExtenderPlus and bootloops

Okay, first off. This bootloop isn't caused exactly by my tweak. I was up until 3am creating this tweak for you guys, and forgot about the appsync boot loop (that's why I didn't install appsync via Cydia in the installer), anyways within first minute of release, more than 5 people downloaded it, resulting in a respring loop, where they then rebooted their device, requiring a restore.

HELP, I'm in a bootloop! If you have not restarted please SSH in to your phone and then contact me. If you haven't restarted your phone, it's time to consider what you need more, your data or your jailbreak. Once you have your decision, contact me.

How can I install this safely with a guarantee of no bootloop? Install appsync from karens repo and confirm it's a successful install. All other dependencies are safe. Then install my tweak.

Now, the hate I'm getting on twitter is unneeded. I am getting hate via the DMs such as calling me the next "@ijapija00" and "Rishanan" and saying I shouldn't be part of the jailbreak community, etc.

There was a point thrown around saying I should leave this to /u/saurik , but he could of made the same mistake. In later versions of extenderplus I will remove appsync dependencies. The fact that you guys feel credibility determines your skill is wrong.

I have tried to be as friendly and mature as possible in this situation, but you guys need to start acting like adults, and not little children. The amount of hate I am getting is outrageous. Also, if you're ever in a problem like that, do not reboot, especially with a risky tweak like that.

I didn't have any malicious intent with this tweak, and this was a honest mistake, so please do not hate me for this. I understand my reputation will take a hit from this, but I'm willing to take the challenge to rebuild my reputation.

Anyone in a bootloop, PM me, lucky person will get something.

Thanks for reading, DillanCodez

">View Post Link Below


by /u/DillanCodez - Link to original post

No comments:

Post a Comment